Pet Friend

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Adopting Emma

I am bringing Emma home on Thursday afternoon. I have waited 16 months for a Rhodesian Ridgeback girl from one special breeder. She is nearly 9 weeks old, and ready to join our household of 2 dogs (a 9 year old Cairn Terrier boy, and a 16 month old Sheltie girl) and 2 cats (brother and sister, 10 year old Abyssinians). I have never known a Ridgeback, though I have done extensive reading about the breed, and have learned to appreciate the 9 adult Ridgebacks at the Copper Ridge breeder's home. They seem to be such placid, loving and sensitive companions, though very large.

I would like to read the wisdom you all have to share about successfully blending Emma into our family for many years to come.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home